Thursday, July 24, 2008

happy update

Friends,
Great news! We got to see daddy around 5 pm today. He was sleeping and still had a breathing tube, but he looked SO good. Not white or cold at all! He just looked like daddy sleeping. THEN we got to see him again at 8:30 and he was awake! Praise God! He was possibly not going to be awake until midnight. Anyway, so we got to talk to him and he was funny and himself. We decided that a catheter could be useful for not having to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. He is going to market it using the following awesome slogan. "clap clap catheter" (clap on, clap off). Yes. And he was so encouraged to hear about all of you praying for him and you care and concern. And Andrew, Alison's boyfriend sent flowers. (awwww) And daddy really appreciated that. I am so thankful and relieved that he is doing well. All glory to God! Praise Him that he is so faithful and the healer and He hears our prayers! He is healing daddy quickly!

I am really happy to be at home right now (in silver spring).
Please keep praying. Pray that God would continue to strengthen us as it is very draining to be in a waiting room all day. Pray that I would learn to rely on God's strength and not my own. On my own, I would not be able to do this.
Pray I would be bold to give glory to God.

I am so thankful for all of you and your care for me and my family and for your encouraging emails and phone calls! I praise God for you!

May you see God's hand in this situation and love Him more because of it!!
Mara

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

so great, mara! i'm thankful that things are looking "up." i love you! praying...