Monday, August 11, 2008

recovery

Sorry readers! I just did not feel like blogging for a while there.

My dad is recovering so well! He is walking a mile at a time now and not even feeling much pain. I have only talked to him on the phone but he sounds better every time. I am super encouraged.

Yes, my faith was a bit pathetic for a while there. I think all the anxiety and fear and emotions just crashed down on me after the surgery since I did not have much time to experience them before. I was rebellious about pouring out my heart to God too. (meaning, i didn't) It was a fight and fighting with God is never good. But He is SO faithful and gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love. He changed my heart and renewed my love for Him and my joy in salvation. And what joy!

Dana reminded me that God gave my dad a new heart. He spared his life! That is something to be thankful for! I have been learning to trust God in a new way- this whole thing has reminded me that God is sovereign. He gives and takes away. If my hope is not in Him, I will be dissapointed, I will fall, and be flung into despair and hopelessness.

So, its a miracle. God gave the doctors understanding and knowledge to perform such an intense surgery. God provided all the technology and medicine through other people who he gave wisdom, and God is healing my dad. So glory and praise be to God!

Did you know that in bypass surgery, they stop your heart, put you on a machine that pumps blood and breathes for you, and they take your heart out, and put it on a table while they operate on it? Is that not amazing?! Then, they put it back in, sew you up and you are up and walking around the next day. Tell me that is not a miracle. (I know, i doubted too).

No comments: