Friday, August 15, 2008

enduring pain

As serious as that may sound, this is not real pain. I mean it is relatively minor physical pain. Not emotional. And I am choosing to experience this pain. No, not masochism. My dear sisters are giving me dreadlocks. So exciting. As I enjoy the beautiful woods, Anna is intentionally knotting my hair into thick fuzzy strands. To dispel any concerns- despite rumors, dreads don't have to be dirty. I will continue to wash my hair regularly, and I will not be putting glue or peanut butter in my hair (just beeswax).

Why? Because I think dreadlocks are super cool looking and I have wanted them for years. Various weddings, interviews and rational fears have prevented me until now. my friend Danish (Diane) has inspired me as she had some sweet dreads and much of her hair survived when they came out.

what else? they are fuzzy. I will have 27 when its all done. My sisters really love me. my mom tried to talk me out of it. i like dreads. i don't smoke pot.

photos to come soon.

No comments: