Friday, October 10, 2008

friday night fun

A co-worker asked me today if I was going out tonight. "No... I am babysitting" This may have sounded lame to her, especially since I am single and live downtown and way beyond babysitting age. But I was actually just as excited about this friday night as I have been about many fun parties and First Fridays downtown. It's because I got to be with some of my favorite kids. here is a link to the Cordell's blog. You can't tell how fun they are from looking, but just imagine. :) Read their adoption story! It's beautiful.

So after the boys were in bed I was playing with Mercy downstairs. I decided I should sing with her. She is one of my Sunday School kids who never comes (she naps instead) so I try to make up for it when I see her. So we sang Jesus Loves Me. I mean, of course I sang it. But the fun part was the look on her face. She stopped squirming and reaching for my hair and sat still for the whole song. And at first I thought she was contemplating the theological signifigance of being loved by the King of the universe. (I pray she will one day) Then I thought maybe that was a look of confusion and dissapointment at the sound of my voice compared to her mommy's, (she really looked at me like "are you singing to me? you're kidding" :) Either way, she heard truth and we had fun together.

No comments: